Dr. Ahmed Adel Salama is currently an Associate Professor of Pediatric Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Gulf Medical University, Ajman, United Arab Emirates. He graduated at Cairo University in 2002 (Excellent with Honor), earned his Master (2010) then Doctoral degree (2015) in Pediatric Dentistry and Dental Public Health from Cairo University where he was appointed as Assistant Lecturer then Senior Lecturer of Pediatric Dentistry and Dental Public Health.
Added to his academic positions, Dr. Ahmed Adel Salama has been also a part-time Assistant Professor of Pediatric Dentistry at Misr International University-MIU (2015-January 2021). Moreover, Dr. Salama is designated member of the examining board of the Egyptian Fellowship for Family Dental Medicine as well as an external examiner in 6th of October University, Modern University for Technology & Information (MTI), and Future University in Egypt.
Dr. Salama has been investing his long experience in the field of Pediatric Dentistry in directing and instructing several basic/advanced Pediatric Dentistry Programs and workshops in Egypt at the Ministry of Health, National Training Institute, Master Dental Society and Mediance Academy. Furthermore, he has actively contributed with presentations, workshops and courses in the field of Pediatric Dentistry at several national and international events in Egypt. Dr. Salama has many publications in the field of Pediatric Dentistry in local as well as internationally recognized journals.
At the clinical level, before coming to the UAE, Dr. Salama has been working as Consultant of Pediatric Dentistry at Esthetica Hospital for Oral & Maxillofacial surgeries and at Tiba Hospital in Egypt besides operating his own 2 private clinics.
Area of Expertise
- Experience in full mouth rehabilitation under general anesthesia
- Esthetic rehabilitation of badly decayed anterior primary teeth
- Management of traumatic injuries to anterior young permanent teeth
- Experience in interceptive orthodontic treatment
- Surgical management of delayed eruption of permanent teeth
- Rotary endodontics in primary teeth
- Experience in management of non-vital young permanent teeth
- Esthetic restoration of fractured anterior teeth
Languages Spoken: English & Arabic